我从现在到中午,有一系列的面谈,
so why don't we get right to work?
我们现在就开始工作,好吗?
Can you have lunch with us later?
你能与我们一起共进午餐吗?
I'd love to, Philip, but I'm afraid I can't.
我很想,Philip,但是恐怕不行。
I'm only here two days,
我只有两天时间,
and I have interviews with twenty-six applicants.
而要面谈的申请人有二十六位。
I understand.
我能了解。
Well, thanks.
噢,谢了。
I'll wait outside.
我到外面等。
Good luck, Son.
祝你好运,孩子。
Did you bring your transcript from high school?
你把高中的成绩单带来了吗?
Yes, sir.
带来了,先生。
Right here.
在这里。
Thank you.
谢谢。
Please sit down.
请坐下。
I see under "activities" that
我注意到在「活动」项目中提到
you've been writing for the school paper.
你为校刊写文章。
Yes, sir.
是的,先生。
What kinds of articles have you written?
你写过一些什么样的文章?
All kinds--sports, editorials, theater reviews.
各种各样的—体育,社论,剧评。
You ncom it, I've written it.
你说得出的,我都写过。
Hmmm.
嗯,
Well, have you ever thought of becoming a journalist?
好,你是否想过成为一名新闻从业人员?
A professional writer?
职业写作人员?
Not until recently.
最近才考虑到。
Michigan has a fine School of Journalism.
Michigan大学有一个很好的新闻学院。
Yes, I know that.
是的,我知道。
You seem to have scom reservations.
看起来你还有些犹豫。
I'm a little uncertain.
我有点犹豫不决。
It's been ve