Alexandra就要来帮我
study for my math final.
温习数学,准备期末考试。
Well, in that case,
嗯,既然这样,
you can wash the dishes and clean up after dinner.
你就在晚餐后洗盘子,收拾桌子。
Can I invite Alexandra to stay for dinner?
我可以请Alexandra留下来吃晚餐吗?
Of course.
当然可以。
Thanks, Mom.
谢谢,妈。
You and Alexandra
你和Alexandra
have beccom good friends, haven't you?
成了好朋友,不是吗?
Yes. I like her.
是的,我喜欢她。
She's a terrific person.
她人很好。
I'm going to miss her
我会想念她
when she goes back to Greece.
她回去希腊时
Would you like to give her a little farewell party?
你要不要为她举行一个小型欢送派对?
Mom, that would be terrific!
那太棒了,妈!
Maybe we could make it a surprise.
也许我们可以让它变成一场惊喜。
Oh, I don't know.
噢,这个我就不知道啦。
Surprise parties don't always work out.
惊喜派对并不是每次都成功的。
Well, we could tell her
嗯,我们可以告诉她
it's a graduation party forcom.
这是为我毕业所办的派对。
When Alexandra arrives,
等Alexandra到达时,
we'll surprise her.
我们再让她惊喜一下。
Well, I suppose that might work.
嗯,我想这样或许可以奏效。
I'd like to give her a nice going-away present.
我很想送给她一件好的离别礼物。
Fine.
好啊。
There's only one problem.
只有一个问题。
What's that?
什么问题?
I'm broke.
我身无分文。
I should have saved scom money.
我早该存些钱。
I'm sure Alexandra